Here we explain about asbestos in Australian homes that you may not be aware of and how it may effect you. The information about asbestos have been provided based on many well known Australian studies that have been released by the Australian Government and related industry bodies.
As part of our ongoing support to local communities, tradies, Government and Councils we like to keep the costs low in identifying if asbestos is present.
- In Australia asbestos was band and production was stopped on the 31st of December 2004.
- One out of three homes in Australia contain asbestos or asbestos products.
- If your home or work building was built prior to 2005 it is extreemly likely to contain asbestos.
- All forms of asbestos are dangerous if unsealed, disturbed, cut, broken, drilled or damaged!
- There is no known safe level of exposure to asbestos fibres!
The above information is freely available online and have been provided as a brief summary to highlight the potential of asbestos materials being present in any given Australian residence or place of work. If you are unsure or what the next approach you should take then please don't hesitate to contact us here at Asbestos Brisbane.